Senior Citizen Moving
New Jersey Senior Citizen Moving
Nearly 52% of all our business senior citizen moving. Moving can be stressful to seniors. That’s why we understand how important it is for their move to be simple while offering any assistance they need.
We are experienced in rightsizing your senior citizen move in New Jersey.
We’re the New Jersey senior citizen moving experts. Senior moves may mean downsizing from a large home to a smaller one, or making the transition to a retirement community. Our friendly teams will work hard to make your senior moving experience a positive one
How to prepare for a senior citizen move
- Moving can be challenging for seniors and their families both emotionally and logistically, even if the move is ultimately the right decision. In order to make helping seniors move as easy as possible, here are our top tips to help make sure you’re prepared:
- Start planning now. The best way to prepare for a move is to start planning now. It’s better to start researching your options now before there’s any urgency. That way, once you know the time is right to make a move, you’ll have a place already picked out, and you’ll know where you’re headed. Also, having a plan in place about what a move might look like will make the task much easier to accomplish.
- Research places that are a good fit. A key part of planning involves researching the different types of houses, apartments, retirement communities, and assisted living communities available and selecting one that meets your needs. Research floor plans, care options, amenities and services, and plan on visiting several different properties to get a feel for the environment and to ask questions. You’ll also want to factor the costs of living at each option, since one may be a better fit than another depending on your finances.
- Downsize where possible. Moving from a large home to a smaller house or apartment means some downsizing will be necessary. Start by donating furniture, clothes, or possessions that are no longer needed, and setting aside must-have items or those that have sentimental value. Keep in mind that downsizing senior living doesn’t mean getting rid of things you love — it just means paring down your possessions to just those that are useful or meaningful.
We’re experts in senior citizen moves
This experience may be a little bit more sensitive and emotional.
These moves include:
- Arranging moving and packing services for customers looking to move their senior parent(s)
- Downsizing from a large family home into a smaller residence
- Moving belongings from a cottage to primary residence
- Moving and storing items during home renovations
HAVE A MOVE COMING UP? LET HMS HELP!
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A NO OBLIGATION ESTIMATE!